some tid-bits of news...

Sunday, August 9, 2009

So it's been a busy last couple of weeks for me; uni we had our Illustrator final assignment (in which I got a B+ so pretty happy with that), I've been designing some new silhouettes to introduce to the range and it was also my little girls 4th Birthday - so definitely enough to keep me busy!
New Fabrics and Designs...
Here are some of the new fabrics that I indulged in a few weeks ago, my favourite is the black and white one with the bright flowers - it matches really well to the vintage tulip one I already have. I was also trying to find some blue fabrics, just to give some more options. I've been making a whole lot of new stuff over the last week (between uni work) as I ran out of fawns at the last Kraftbomb! I have two new shapes too; a mouse and a squirrel and they have turned out really well. The mouse will have a tail of matching fabric which looks really sweet.

The Birthday Party...
I thought that I'd just have to include a photo of the party - it was a pink princess theme (as I'm sure you can tell...) each little guest had their own personalised crown with their name on it. We had 10 little girls attend and there were no tears or fights between any of them! At the beginning I had several parents mention to me how brave I was with inviting so many, it wasn't until the party had ended that I figured out why they had said that! I was stuffed and it had been the busiest day I think I've had in a while. We were all in bed at about 8pm!

New Postcards...
I thought it would be fun to do some postcards to hand out and what have you, I designed this one with my favourite fabric covered art on it and it also features the new logo that I designed. They weren't too expensive which was nice and I'm hoping that when I hand them out people will keep them. They should be arriving this week, so I'll be keeping a keen eye on the letterbox until then!

In other news...
The Auckland screening of Handmade Nation was on last Tuesday, I couldn't make it along but I've heard some really great stuff about it, I'm going to see if I can hunt it out on DVD... Sarah from The Devonport Craft Market had booked a stall after the screening which was very kindly manned by Bronwyn of R.W Scissors and I got to have a few goodies on the stall too (thank you Sarah!) nothing of mine found new homes, but it was great to have that bit of extra publicity.

Also in some exciting news, in the next issue of Pet Magazine you will also find a gorgeous 'Babe in the Wood' being featured with some other great items from the Toggle.co.nz website, thanks so much to Esther from Toggle who arranged it - I'll pop up some photo's when I get my hot little hands on a copy.

Talk soon my dearies x x x

Cotton Kiwi  – (August 9, 2009 at 10:09 PM)  

Wow Jess you have been seriously busy! The girls look gorgeous in their pink crowns. Must have taken you forever to make them all. Love the postcards too. Great idea!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What I do...

Bam Bam Creative makes boutique and vintage inspired homewares and childrens homewares — all made by hand with a lot of love and attention.

Making fabric Covered Wall Art, Magnets and Brooches, coordinating Bunting, Throw Cushions, Zipper Purses and soon to debut — Mobiles & Quilts — all made with an individual quality that you will love to look at and treasure for years to come.